Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Tew Tee Li <tl...@simecity.com> on 2001/05/08 08:09:15 UTC

Re: how can i get apache to redirect a whole subdir to a servlet ?

The mapping in Apache and the mapping in web.xml is related together via
tomcat-apache.conf, which in turned is generated by tomcat using
server.xml.

In your web.xml, context path has to be excluded from your servlet-mapping
tags. Check server.xml and tomcat-apache.conf for the context path
definition for your tomcat engine. What I suspect is that zone might have
been the context path definition for your tomcat engine.

TL

On Mon Apr 30 20:45:02 2001 MYT, Mark Diggory <md...@latte.harvard.edu>
wrote:
> Hussayn,
>
> We appear to be having the same problem with the mappings in Apache
having
> nothing to do with the mappings in web.xml. It appears to me that I will
> have to rewrite all my web.xml mappings into the tomcat-apache.conf.
> Interesting that no one appears to have dealt with this issue in the past

> and that there has been little or no support from this list concerning
it.
> I thought this was the place to come and get answers. Instead all we
appear
> to be getting is a bunch of RTFM's from people who have no interest or
time
> to answer our email appropriately.
>
> I will be working on this issue to as well and will forward any
experience
> I get to you.
>
> -Mark Diggory
>
> >Hi,
> >try mod_rewrite. It's great!
> >You have a nice doc in Apache's docs.
> >
> >cu.
> >    o,,,o
> >   ( 'o' )
> >   >''''<
> >
> >  Interpersonal Computing GmbH
> >  Dieter Plank
> >  Fachinformatiker - Anwendungsentwicklung (IHK)
> >  -Entwicklung-
> >  Augustenstrasse 20 - 22
> >  80333 Muenchen
> >
> >   Tel: ++49 89 219975-0
> >
> >  Web: http://www.ipc.de Mail: dieter@interpc.de

"/mnt2/local/install/apache/jakarta/build/tomcat/webapps/zone"