Posted to jcp-open@apache.org by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org> on 2007/02/28 07:15:41 UTC

JSR-299

Hello,

the EG for JSR-299 already formed and the initial discussion is quite,
currently.
I expect the "main" discussion will start soon !

However, to have a chance for other Apache committers to observe the
EG discussions, how can that be done?

AFAIK we are able to have a mailing list, that provides "readOnly"
access to the EG mails.
What must we do to get such a mailing list started ?

Thanks,
Matthias

--
Matthias Wessendorf
http://tinyurl.com/fmywh

further stuff:
mail: mwessendorf-at-gmail-dot-com

Re: JSR-299

Posted by "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@pobox.com>.
On Mar 3, 2007, at 2:48 PM, Mario Ivankovits wrote:

> Hi Geir!
>> That's not how it should work.  If you care going to rep the ASF, it
>> should go through this list.  Then we can approach Gavin as the
>> ASF...
> To say the truth I do not care if I get into this JSR as Apache rep or
> not (Its a special honor to get in as Apache rep anyway ;-) ) , I
> already tried to get in as individual member.
> I've never received a positive nor negative reply.

I think that we're all happy to have you rep the ASF if you are
interested.

> So yes, I'd join JSR-299.
>
> I've already singed in to the JCP, should all be on file.

great

geir

Re: JSR-299

Posted by Mario Ivankovits <ma...@ops.co.at>.
Hi Geir!

Re: JSR-299

Posted by "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@pobox.com>.

Re: JSR-299

Posted by James Mitchell <ja...@mac.com>.
I sent a message directly to Gavin.  I have heard nothing yet.

--
James Mitchell

Re: JSR-299

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org>.
Any news ?

Re: JSR-299

Posted by Mario Ivankovits <ma...@ops.co.at>.
Hi!

Re: JSR-299

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org>.
> That's not good.  Have you asked why?  I would have thought that
> Gavin would grok the benefit of an open list.

I'll bring this up.

> Who's the ASF rep?

James Mitchell and me

Re: JSR-299

Posted by "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@pobox.com>.

Re: JSR-299

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org>.

Re: JSR-299

Posted by "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@pobox.com>.
On Mar 3, 2007, at 11:37 AM, Matthias Wessendorf wrote:

> any ideas ?
>
> On 2/28/07, Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org> wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> the EG for JSR-299 already formed and the initial discussion is
>> quite,
>> currently.
>> I expect the "main" discussion will start soon !
>>
>> However, to have a chance for other Apache committers to observe the
>> EG discussions, how can that be done?

How will the EG work?  On a public list?

Re: JSR-299

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org>.
any ideas ?