Posted to user@hive.apache.org by Raihan Jamal <ja...@gmail.com> on 2012/08/16 02:03:14 UTC

Exit Status for Success and Failure in HiveQL queries

Does the hive command make use of an exit status for success vs. failure?

I am asking this question as I am executing my few HiveQL queries from my
Shell Script and If one HiveQL queries gets failed due to certain reasons,
I want to abort my shell script at that moment only without executing other
HiveQL queries.

*Raihan Jamal*

Re: Exit Status for Success and Failure in HiveQL queries

Posted by Raihan Jamal <ja...@gmail.com>.
Let me try that.. Thanks for the help.

*Raihan Jamal*

Posted by hadoop hive <ha...@outlook.com>.

From: jamalraihan@gmail.com
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2012 17:03:14 -0700
Subject: Exit Status for Success and Failure in HiveQL queries
To: user@hive.apache.org

Posted by abhiTowson cal <ab...@gmail.com>.
hi Raihan,

I was in the same situation before.See if this thing helps you.

Hive command writes to a log file and you cat that file for the success pattern.

Let me know if this will help you.Need any further help??

for log in $logdir1/*.hivelog;
do
cat $log | grep "success pattern" #&> /dev/null
if [ $? -eq 0 ]
then
echo $log job suceeded
else
echo $log job failed
fi
done

       { while read myline;do

           filePath=$LOCAL_ROOT_DIR$PREFIXS"/"$myline
           HIVELOGNAME=`echo $myline | cut -d . -f 1`

        ( hive -f $fileName.tmp > $LOGDIR/$HIVELOGNAME.hivelog 2>&1 ) &

        done  } < $LOCAL_ROOT_DIR$PREFIXS"/"$FILE_LIST

}

Regards
Abhishek