Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Bikash Paul <bi...@yahoo.com> on 2003/06/25 08:24:15 UTC

How I can slove this problem??

Hi all friends,

I am using tomcat4.1.24 for my uploading
software(swing for client interface and servlet).Iam
facing problem with connection broken,During uploading
of file if connection between local computer and
remote computer broken then my software will give a
message to user through pop up dialog box,but that
dialog box appears after 3 or 4 minitues of connection
broken that means as per my idea that Tomcat realease
the connection after 3 or 4 minitues of connection
broken .I have tried to rectify by configuring
Connector element of server.xml file but couldn't
slove my problem.Can any plz guide me am I correct
that the delay in appearing of dialog box in case of
connection broken due to below configuration of Tomcat
in server.xml file or it may be due to any other
reason.

<Connector
className="org.apache.catalina.connector.http.HttpConnector"port="8080"
minProcessors="5" maxProcessors="75"
enableLookups="true" redirectPort="8443" debug="0"
connectionTimeout="0"/>

Regards
Bikash

Re: How I can slove this problem??

Posted by Bikash Paul <bi...@yahoo.com>.
Hi,

>From my client interface Iam taking the message of my
servlet from outputstream which has written by
servlet(by out.println)incase of connection broken
during uploading and then my client pop up a dialogbox
of connection broken to inform user.My application
architecture is Tomcat is install on WinNT4.0 which is
centralised server on local area and swing client is
install on different user's computer which is also on
local area,Now my all user uploading file on remote
destination using swing client through Tomcat server.
I want to say that both server and client on local
area and user uploading file on remote destination.

Regards
Bikash

Posted by Jason Bainbridge <ja...@jblinux.org>.

Posted by Bikash Paul <bi...@yahoo.com>.
Hi,

I have tried to add 'disableUploadTimeout="true"' in
connector element of server.xml file, but couldn't
slove my problem.Any one have any idea how i can slove
this problem.Eagerly waiting for someone reply.

Regards
Bikash

http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-4.1-doc/config/coyote.html

Posted by Kwok Peng Tuck <pe...@makmal.net>.