Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by "Ramaswamy, Muthuraman" <Mu...@viasat.com> on 2018/11/28 03:16:54 UTC

PySpark Streaming and Kafka Security - Compatibility Issue.

Hi All,

I am using PySpark Direct Streaming to connect to a remote secured Kafka broker and is secured with Kerberos Authentication. The KafkaUtils.createDirectStream python call gives me the following error:

18/11/27 18:20:05 WARN VerifiableProperties: Property sasl.mechanism is not valid
18/11/27 18:20:05 WARN VerifiableProperties: Property security.protocol is not valid

Does spark-streaming-kafka-0-8_2.11 library support SASL_PLAINTEXT security protocol? Is there any compatibility issue with 0.8 version of the spark-streaming-kafka-0-8_2.11 library?

Appreciate your help to resolve the security issue.

Reference: https://spark.apache.org/docs/2.2.0/streaming-kafka-0-8-integration.html

Thank you,

Muthu R