Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by sha p <sh...@gmail.com> on 2016/02/11 08:14:49 UTC

Connecting Kafka producer from remote machine and posting message on topics

Hi ,
We are using kafka for data streaming in our project.
Where we have a remote (client) machine , from which client runs consumer
and connect to our public ip ( hostname like marina.twin.com ) of kakfa
-cluster is set up, and connect to respective topics and posts the data. In
our server set up , our consumers read the data from topics and feed into
our programs.

To achieve above set up , we are trying to set up our kafka cluster with 3
broker nodes and 3 zookeeper nodes , i.e. 3 machines each hosting one
broker and one zk.
To communicate from outside work , as mentioned above we set up public host
name i.e. marina.twin.com.

When we run the kakfa producer in remote ( outside ) machine we are not
able to post the data into topics.
After going through the documentation we understood we need to set up
advertised.host.name.
Hence we set it up advertised.host.name = marina.twin.com.
But we are not able to connect to the topic by external topic producer
which run on remote machine.
More over we are not able to produce data on topic from our intranet
machines too.
When we disable  advertised.host.name then our local machines able to post
the data, but not external host machines.

So to make/set up the properties to make both able to post data on topics.
i.e. external client as well as internal client.
What else need to set it up in the property files of cluster setup make
this work ?

Please let me know if more information is needed.

Thank you.
~Shyam