Posted to user@juddi.apache.org by Kevin Webb <kf...@cornell.edu> on 2005/09/16 17:30:42 UTC

generic attribute version issue

Greetings!

I have my jUDDI instance going, jUDDI 0.9rc4, and can successfully execute
uddi4j sample code, uddi4j version 2.0.3, to access the data store. My
problem is
using jUDDI with another open source project, DiGIR portal,  that executes
UDDI requests. I am getting the following jUDDI error message when DiGIR
'hits' jUDDI:

2005-09-16 10:15:29,697 [HttpProcessor[9080][4]] ERROR
org.apache.juddi.registry.AbstractService  - E_unsupported (10050) The
implementor does not support a feature or API. Only UDDI v2 requests are
currently supported. The generic attribute value received was: 1.0

I have tried upgrading the uddi4j.jar file in the DiGIR app, but after
doing so DiGIR no longer
sends requests to jUDDI, so that appears to not be a viable solution, or I
am missing something
else.

Any workarounds, and if there are not any, should I use an older version of
jUDDI that will
'play nice' with requests that have a generic="1.0" attribute?

Thank you.

Cheers,

KFW

Re: generic attribute version issue

Posted by Kevin Webb <kf...@cornell.edu>.
Thank you for your reply.

 From RegistryServlet.java:
   -      String generic = uddiReq.getAttribute("generic");
   -      if (generic == null)
   -        throw new FatalErrorException("A UDDI generic attribute " +
   -          "value was not found for UDDI request: "+function+" (The " +
   -          "'generic' attribute must be present)");
   -      else if (!generic.equals(IRegistry.UDDI_V2_GENERIC))
   -        throw new UnsupportedException("Currently only UDDI v2 " +
   -          "requests are supported. The generic attribute value " +
   -          "received was: "+generic);

I don't know if this is the latest source version, but it came up on the
results page of a search.
In the meantime, I am going to try to modify the DiGIR source to work with the
uddi4j release that I am working with. The library calls are very localized
in the
source tree so it won't be too painful, and all that needs to be changed
are the
import statements. Hopefully this will provide some relief.

KFW

Posted by Steve Viens <sv...@gmail.com>.