Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by tom wright <to...@maladmin.com> on 2005/12/29 11:30:52 UTC

Confusing X-Spam-Status header

Hi folks,
First time posting here so thanks in advance for any assistance. Looking
at my email headers it appears spamassassin is doing an excellent job of
classifying my email but in the X-Spam-Status header, even when a mail
is classified as ham I still get a summary message. I'm guessing this is
incorrect configuration somewhere but since I'm running with pretty much
default configuration I'm not sure where to start looking.
I'm running SA 3.1.0 on Perl 5.8.7

Re: Confusing X-Spam-Status header

Posted by Patrick von der Hagen <pa...@wudika.de>.
tom wright wrote:

 >> This dosnt seem to have solved the issue. I'm using the
 >> exiscan-acl-4.42-27.patch (http://duncanthrax.net/exiscan-acl/) so exim
 >> send mails direct to spamassassin at smtp time. I'm no expert here but
 >> looking at the code it seems that this passes the message direct to
 >> spamd.

You probably did something like this:

# Always put X-Spam-Report header in the message.
# This is a multiline header that informs the user
# which tests a message has "hit", and how much a
# test has contributed to the score.
warn message = X-Spam-Report: $spam_report
       condition = ${if <{$message_size}{80k}{1}{0}}
       spam = nobody:true

You will always get a X-Spam-Report-Header in your emails to prove that
the email has been scaned and (in the case of a false-negative) to
explain why it was not considered to be spam.

If you need more support, please provide your exim-ACL which refer to
spamassassin.
--
CU,
   Patrick.

Re: Confusing X-Spam-Status header

Posted by tom wright <to...@maladmin.com>.
That loks like it, is there anyway of having a different report if the
mail is identified as spam cf identified as ham?

Posted by tom wright <to...@maladmin.com>.

Posted by tom wright <to...@maladmin.com>.

Posted by Matt Kettler <mk...@evi-inc.com>.