Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Robert Conrad <Ro...@symantec.com> on 2008/04/16 04:53:40 UTC

[users@httpd] Single Client Simultaneous Page Load Issue

Hi Everybody,

I have been having a devil of a time (read: hours of searching) trying
to figure out how to get Apache to serve up two or more pages
concurrently to the same user on the same domain. I have multiple
domains hosted on the box and it is quite happy to deliver two pages
simultaneously to the same client on more than one domain - however,
when the client requests any two pages on the same domain, it must wait
for one to completely finish before the other is even begun. This is
especially problematic for what should be asynchronous requests as an
AJAX, since the requests are in fact acting synchronously.

Does anyone have any idea how to force apache to server two pages to a
single client on the same domain simultaneously?

Thanks a lot!

Rob.

Re: [users@httpd] Single Client Simultaneous Page Load Issue

Posted by Krist van Besien <kr...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Apr 16, 2008 at 9:03 PM, Robert Conrad
<Ro...@symantec.com> wrote:
> I am aware of the browser limitation, however that is certainly not the
>  problem. The simplest way I can explain it is this: if I load two pages
>  with nothing but reams of text (no images, no included files, nothing
>  else) on two different domains from the same server, they load
>  simultaneously. If I load those same two pages on the same domain, the
>  second will not begin loading until the first has completed. Unless my
>  various browsers are all limited to one connection, I can't see how it
>  is a browser issue.

Have you looked in your apache log? Apache logs the exact moment a
request arrives. This allows you to see if requests are received in
parallel or not.

Krist

--
krist.vanbesien@gmail.com
krist@vanbesien.org

Re: [users@httpd] Single Client Simultaneous Page Load Issue

Posted by Abhinav Bhagwat <ab...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Try turning off HTTP1.1. Just use HTTP1.0 for your communication.

Regards,
Abhinav
On Thu, Apr 17, 2008 at 12:33 AM, Robert Conrad <Ro...@symantec.com>
wrote:

> I am aware of the browser limitation, however that is certainly not the
> problem. The simplest way I can explain it is this: if I load two pages
> with nothing but reams of text (no images, no included files, nothing
> else) on two different domains from the same server, they load
> simultaneously. If I load those same two pages on the same domain, the
> second will not begin loading until the first has completed. Unless my
> various browsers are all limited to one connection, I can't see how it
> is a browser issue.
>
> Thanks,
> Rob.

Abhinav