Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Hervé Boutemy <hb...@apache.org> on 2022/05/14 14:06:59 UTC

[ANN] Apache Maven Wrapper 3.1.1 Released

The Apache Maven team is pleased to announce the release of the Apache Maven
Wrapper, version 3.1.1.

The Maven Wrapper is an easy way to ensure a user of your Maven build has
everything necessary to run your Maven build.

This is the first release of this project in its Apache Maven new home: it was
previously maintained by community at https://github.com/takari/maven-wrapper
and was kindly donated to the Maven team. Thank you to all people who
permitted this.

See https://maven.apache.org/wrapper/ for instructions on how to use this
updated Maven Wrapper.

You can download the appropriate sources etc. from the download page:

https://maven.apache.org/wrapper/download.cgi

Release Notes - Maven Wrapper - Version 3.1.1

** Bug
    * [MWRAPPER-21] - Arbitrary file write during archive extraction ("Zip
Slip") in wrapper
    * [MWRAPPER-38] - build from source-release has different result from Git
    * [MWRAPPER-40] - Wrapper Properties File License system dependant line
separator
    * [MWRAPPER-41] - Goals documentation missing from site
    * [MWRAPPER-42] - maven-wrapper fails to self-update maven-wrapper.jar
    * [MWRAPPER-44] - maven-wrapper may use outdated
MavenWrapperDownloader.class
    * [MWRAPPER-58] - curl cannot follow 302 code when downloading wrapper jar

** Improvement
    * [MWRAPPER-39] - release as maven-wrapper instead of maven-wrapper-parent
    * [MWRAPPER-43] - Download of jar must be quiet by default
    * [MWRAPPER-47] - Use name wrapperUrl consistently in Maven Wrapper files/
scripts
    * [MWRAPPER-49] - add Wrapper version in mvnw/mvnw.cmd scripts
    * [MWRAPPER-51] - Refactor using Java Path API (NIO.2)
    * [MWRAPPER-53] - cygwin path tidy for java and class

** Task
    * [MWRAPPER-56] - Remove M2_HOME from mvnw script

** Dependency upgrade
    * [MWRAPPER-62] - Upgrade Parent to 35
    * [MWRAPPER-63] - Upgrade Parent to 36

Enjoy,

-The Apache Maven team

Re: [ANN] Apache Maven Wrapper 3.1.1 Released

Posted by Manfred Moser <ma...@simpligility.com>.
Awesome work everyone. I am glad this made it to the users from Apache now.

Manfred

Posted by Benjamin Marwell <bm...@apache.org>.
Thanks everyone involved, and thank you to Brian Demers for starting this
project in the first place!

Posted by Manfred Moser <ma...@simpligility.com>.

Posted by Benjamin Marwell <bm...@apache.org>.