Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Arnaud Chiaberge <ar...@eloquant.com> on 2002/04/03 10:55:13 UTC

Forward from one webapp to another

Hi all,

I'm looking for a way to forward control from one webapp to another with
passing
some parameters.
What I actually have is a webapp A, where a user first authenticate, and
then does his job.
Later, the user can switch, via an html link, to a another webapp B. The
fact
is that I don't want the user to authenticate again in this webapp B so, for
the moment I'm
using a REDIRECTION in the webapp A action with some URL parameters: login,
password
(argh, they are in cleartext !)

To better understand what I mean, here's how I'm currently doing :

    Browser                                Server
        |                                               |
        |    GET  switchwebapp.do       |
        | ---------------------------->  | webappA
        |                                               |
        |                                               |
        |   REDIRECT to webapp B     |
        | <----------------------------  | webappA
        |                                               |
        |                                               |
        |   GET action.do of webapp B |
        | ---------------------------->  | webappB
        |                                               |
        |                                               |
        |   OK - Result page                 |
        | <---------------------------- | webappB

But, what I'D LIKE TO HAVE is this :

    Browser                                   Server
        |                                               |
        |    GET  switchwebapp.do       |
        | ---------------------------->  | webappA
        |                                               |   |
        |                                               |   | pass user's
parameters
        |                                               |   |
        |                                               |   v
        |                                               | getting in webappB
        |                                               | get user's
credentials
        |   OK - Result page                 |
        | <----------------------------  | webappB

Is it possible to do so with Tomcat-Struts ?

Thanks in advance for any contribution/idea about this issue.

Regards,

Arnaud Chiaberge

Struts.tld or Struts-form.tld ?

Posted by Nicolas De Loof <ni...@cgey.com>.
What the differences in 1.0.2 distribution of Struts between Struts.tld and
the two Struts-html / Struts-form tlds ? Is it only refactoring of taglibs ?

Re: Forward from one webapp to another

Posted by アントニー ステイス <s4...@yahoo.com>.
> Hi all,
>
> I'm looking for a way to forward control from one webapp to another with
> passing
> some parameters.

I am not sure if you can have data sharing between different webapps managed by the servlet container, that is for someone else to answer.  But you could have webappA store some values in a database. When you go from webappA to webAppB you could pass a  hash(which you store in the database).  When webappB gets this  hash it can check to see if it is in the database, if it is then all is happy and webappB can proceed.  Obviously you can store other info in the database beside the hash like the userId, etc.

Re: Forward from one webapp to another

Posted by Sandeep Takhar <sa...@yahoo.com>.
can you use cookies?

Sandeep