Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by Joe White <jw...@asidejob.com> on 2008/11/13 00:40:16 UTC

SMTP Appender

   I'm trying to use the SMTP Appender but my mail host requires
authentication.

   What are the poper log4j.properties entry for username, password
and the port?

   My host runs off of port 26, not 25.

Re: SMTP Appender

Posted by Ceki Gulcu <li...@qos.ch>.
Hello Joe,

Have you considered logback?  See
http://logback.qos.ch/manual/appenders.html#SMTPAppender
for documentation on SMTPAppender.

--
Ceki Gülcü
http://logback.qos.ch

Re: SMTP Appender

Posted by Curt Arnold <ca...@apache.org>.
On Nov 12, 2008, at 5:40 PM, Joe White wrote:

>  I'm trying to use the SMTP Appender but my mail host requires
> authentication.
>
>  What are the poper log4j.properties entry for username, password
> and the port?
>
>  My host runs off of port 26, not 25.

log4j.appender.YOURAPPENDERNAME.smtpUsername=USERNAME
log4j.appender.YOURAPPENDERNAME.smtpPassword=PASSWORD
log4j.appender.YOURAPPENDERNAME.smtpPort=PORT

Port is in the current source, but not in the last release.  We need
to cut a log4j 1.2.16 soon.