Posted to issues@shiro.apache.org by Brian Demers <bd...@apache.org> on 2022/08/30 18:42:25 UTC

Re: Delay in building shiro object

There are a couple of potential issues here, in general we would need to
understand more of the details of your application:
https://stackoverflow.com/help/how-to-ask

I'll make some guesses though.
Your logic might be triggering some sort of database (or similar) lookup,
which would be the slow part.

Typically, you shouldn't need to create a Shiro Subject directly, but
instead use the `ShiroFilter` that manages all of this for you.

If you DO need to create a subject directly, you should use the WebSubject
instead of the non-web version.

If you are using a ShiroFilter AND also building a Subject manually, you
might be triggering multiple database actions.

Let us know now you have configured Shiro and your application and we can
probably help you isolate your problem.

-Brian