Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Cenk Oguz <ce...@gmail.com> on 2020/05/10 23:53:40 UTC

TransactionalIdAuthorizationException

Hi,

I have a peculiar problem when using reactor-kafka client with
authentication and transactions enabled.

I get an exception:
org.apache.kafka.common.errors.TransactionalIdAuthorizationException:
Transactional Id authorization failed.

This happens while the client initializes the transactions manager.
There is barely any documentation on this as far as I can tell.
Transactional ID has been set on the producer, as well as the
enable_idempotence property.

Is there a server side property that needs configuring or is the
client misconfigured somehow?
The user is fully authorized to write to the topic.

Br,
Cenk