Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Robert Coli <rc...@eventbrite.com> on 2013/07/01 20:39:22 UTC

Re: Patterns for enabling Compute apps which only request Local Node's

On Sun, Jun 30, 2013 at 1:48 AM, <re...@voodoowarez.com> wrote:

> Question; if we're co-locating our Cassandra and our compute application
> on the same nodes, are there any in-use
> patterns in Cassandra user (or Cassandra dev) applications for having the
> compute application only pull data off the
> localhost Cassandra process? If we have the ability to manage where we do
> compute, what options are there for keeping
> compute happening on local data as much as possible?

The Hadoop support provides Hadoop-like support for locality. One presumes
you could make use of this functionality even if you were not actually
running Hadoop map/reduce as the compute application.

http://wiki.apache.org/cassandra/HadoopSupport#ClusterConfig

=Rob