Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Todd Pierce <To...@hubbub.com.au> on 2002/09/05 03:53:49 UTC

global forwards in forms.

To remove literal requests from JSPs I'm replacing them with global forwards
and using the link tag's forward attribute. However, there doesn't seem to
be a corresponding attribute for the form tag. How can you use global
forwards for form actions? I've tried using the forward name as the action,
but it throws a servlet exception.

I'm using Struts 1.1-b2

Re: global forwards in forms.

Posted by John Yu <jo...@scioworks.com>.

What global forwards give you is globally visible symbolic URIs.
In a sense, the actions are already globally visible symbolic URIs.

(Watch out that using <html:link forward=".."> may not be compatible with
multi subapps.)

--
John Yu                       Scioworks Technologies
e: john@scioworks.com         w: +(65) 873 5989

Scioworks Camino - "Don't develop Struts Apps without it!"