Posted to dev@kafka.apache.org by Gwen Shapira <gw...@confluent.io> on 2016/04/30 02:01:26 UTC

[VOTE] 0.10.0.0 RC2

Hello Kafka users, developers and client-developers,

This is the first candidate for release of Apache Kafka 0.10.0.0. This
is a major release that includes: (1) New message format including
timestamps (2) client interceptor API (3) Kafka Streams. (4)
Configurable SASL authentication mechanisms (5) API for retrieving
protocol versions supported by the broker.

Since this is a major release, we will give people more time to try it
out and give feedback.

Contributions that are especially welcome are:
* Critical bugs found while testing
* Especially testing related to the new functionality
* More tests
* Better docs
* Doc reviews related to new functionality and upgrade

Release notes for the 0.10.0.0 release:
http://home.apache.org/~gwenshap/0.10.0.0-rc2/RELEASE_NOTES.HTML

Release plan:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/Release+Plan+0.10.0

*** Please download, test and vote by Monday, May 9, 9am PT

Kafka's KEYS file containing PGP keys we use to sign the release:
http://kafka.apache.org/KEYS

* Release artifacts to be voted upon (source and binary):
http://home.apache.org/~gwenshap/0.10.0.0-rc2/

* Maven artifacts to be voted upon:
https://repository.apache.org/content/groups/staging/

* scala-doc
http://home.apache.org/~gwenshap/0.10.0.0-rc2/scaladoc

* java-doc
http://home.apache.org/~gwenshap/0.10.0.0-rc2/javadoc/

* tag to be voted upon (off 0.10.0 branch) is the 0.10.0.0-rc2 tag:
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=kafka.git;a=tag;h=da2745e1088884ba31fc980265ad835d9233652c

* Documentation:
http://kafka.apache.org/0100/documentation.html

* Protocol:
http://kafka.apache.org/0100/protocol.html

/**************************************

Thanks,

Gwen

Re: [VOTE] 0.10.0.0 RC2

Posted by Harsha <ka...@harsha.io>.
I would also like to get a decision on KIP-45. From the discussions it
seems we are ok to include the changes proposed.

-Harsha

Re: [VOTE] 0.10.0.0 RC2

Posted by Gwen Shapira <gw...@confluent.io>.
Makes sense.