Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Mirko Friedenhagen <mf...@gmail.com> on 2013/06/01 08:44:17 UTC

Re: [VOTE] Should we respin CANCELLED releases with the same version number?

On May 31, 2013 12:08 PM, "Stephen Connolly" <
stephen.alan.connolly@gmail.com> wrote:

> Yes 3.1.0-alpha-1 has had/will have at least four respins... primarily
> because the volunteers have been slow stepping up and testing...

And something not voted on, but with different logger implementations had
the same name a few months ago IIRC, which is why I am against reuse and
would prefer skipping.

Otherwise call everything just maven-current and let the creation time be
the version number ;-).

Re: [VOTE] Should we respin CANCELLED releases with the same version number?

Posted by Chris Graham <ch...@gmail.com>.
:-) I use a 4 digit no, but I have special requirements. X.Y.Z.N-SNAPSHOT
etc.

-Chris

Posted by Mirko Friedenhagen <mf...@gmail.com>.