Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Michael Monnerie <mi...@is.it-management.at> on 2010/01/11 09:35:37 UTC

hostkarma false positive

Another FP on hostkarma:

bsmtp5.bon.at[195.3.86.187]

Please investigate and fix. And put them on YELLOW, they are an ISP here
in Austria. Please check bsmtp[1-9] also.

--
mit freundlichen Grüssen,
Michael Monnerie, Ing. BSc

it-management Internet Services
http://it-management.at
Tel: 0660 / 415 65 31

// Wir haben zwei Häuser zu verkaufen:
// http://zmi.at/langegg/
// http://willhaben.at/iad/realestate/object?adId=15306857

Re: hostkarma false positive

Posted by Jari Fredriksson <ja...@iki.fi>.
On 11.1.2010 10:35, Michael Monnerie wrote:
> Another FP on hostkarma:
>
> bsmtp5.bon.at[195.3.86.187]
>
> Please investigate and fix. And put them on YELLOW, they are an ISP here
> in Austria. Please check bsmtp[1-9] also.

Hello. Your PGP key has expired, my software says. Just FYI.

--
http://www.iki.fi/jarif/

You will step on the night soil of many countries.

Re: hostkarma false positive

Posted by Kai Schaetzl <ma...@conactive.com>.
Folks, can you please report this to these lists. This mailing list is
*not* for reporting FPs on RBLs! Thanks.

Kai

Re: hostkarma false positive

Posted by Christian Brel <br...@copperproductions.co.uk>.
On Mon, 11 Jan 2010 06:46:55 -0800
Marc Perkel <ma...@perkel.com> wrote:

> Christian Brel wrote:
> > On Mon, 11 Jan 2010 09:35:37 +0100
> > Michael Monnerie <mi...@is.it-management.at> wrote:
> >

> >> Another FP on hostkarma:
> >>
> >> bsmtp5.bon.at[195.3.86.187]
> >>
> >> Please investigate and fix. And put them on YELLOW, they are an ISP
> >> here in Austria. Please check bsmtp[1-9] also.
> >>

> > It's also listed in:
> > 195.3.86.187	BLACKLISTED:	ips.backscatterer.org
> >

> Backscatterer.org isn't a real blacklist. They have us blacklisted as
> well. Anyone using them is making a serious mistake.

....mus...t try.... and re....sist tem..tation......

Neither is the rest of UCEProtect...

Damn.... it came out, I tried to stop it......

Re: hostkarma false positive

Posted by Daniel J McDonald <da...@austinenergy.com>.
On Mon, 2010-01-11 at 06:46 -0800, Marc Perkel wrote:

> Christian Brel wrote:
> > It's also listed in:
> > 195.3.86.187	BLACKLISTED:	ips.backscatterer.org
> Backscatterer.org isn't a real blacklist. They have us blacklisted as
> well. Anyone using them is making a serious mistake.

It's probably worth a point or so for blocking useless bounces:

meta RCVD_IN_BACKSCATTER_RELAY  (__BOUNCE_FROM_DAEMON && __RCVD_IN_BACKSCATTER) && ! __RCVD_IN_UCEWHITE
tflags RCVD_IN_BACKSCATTER_RELAY        net
describe RCVD_IN_BACKSCATTER_RELAY      received from a host that does a lot of backscatter
score   RCVD_IN_BACKSCATTER_RELAY       1.30

--
Daniel J McDonald, CCIE # 2495, CISSP # 78281, CNX
www.austinenergy.com

Re: hostkarma false positive

Posted by Marc Perkel <ma...@perkel.com>.

Posted by Christian Brel <br...@copperproductions.co.uk>.
On Mon, 11 Jan 2010 09:35:37 +0100
Michael Monnerie <mi...@is.it-management.at> wrote:

> Another FP on hostkarma:
>
> bsmtp5.bon.at[195.3.86.187]
>
> Please investigate and fix. And put them on YELLOW, they are an ISP
> here in Austria. Please check bsmtp[1-9] also.

It's also listed in:
195.3.86.187	BLACKLISTED:	ips.backscatterer.org

--
Multi-platform Freeware IP Blacklist checker
http://www.spampig.org.uk/dnsblcheck.php

Re: hostkarma false positive

Posted by Marc Perkel <ma...@perkel.com>.
Fixed