Posted to user@oozie.apache.org by Morgrim Murdargent <mo...@gmail.com> on 2016/06/09 16:03:25 UTC

About shell action and HADOOP_TOKEN_FILE_LOCATION

Hello !

I have a question related to a shell action in an oozie workflow in a
kerberized cluster.

I found something about this in the oozie doc for java action :

*###IMPORTANT:* In order for a Java action to succeed on a secure cluster,
it must propagate the
Hadoop delegation token like in the following code snippet (this is benign
on non-secure clusters):

// propagate delegation related props from launcher job to MR job
if (System.getenv("HADOOP_TOKEN_FILE_LOCATION") != null) {
    jobConf.set("mapreduce.job.credentials.binary",
System.getenv("HADOOP_TOKEN_FILE_LOCATION"));
}

###

https://oozie.apache.org/docs/4.2.0/WorkflowFunctionalSpec.html

But is it possible to use the HADOOP_TOKEN_FILE_LOCATION in a shell action
? In order to not do a kinit with a keytab ?

BR.

Morgrim.

Re: About shell action and HADOOP_TOKEN_FILE_LOCATION

Posted by Laurent H <la...@gmail.com>.
Oozie has already set the HADOOP_TOKEN_FILE_LOCATION variable when you
execute an action (you're right, it's an environment variable). If you use
some Hive stuff or something like that which use Kerberos - into a shell
action - it can be useful to launch your query like that  :
*hive -hiveconf hadoopTokenKerberos=$HADOOP_TOKEN_FILE_LOCATION -f
yourFile.hql*
All other cases, you can set this variable directly into the action i think
(for hive, it's something like that cred=${hiveKerberosUri}

Laurent HATIER - Consultant Big Data & Business Intelligence chez CapGemini
fr.linkedin.com/pub/laurent-hatier/25/36b/a86/
<http://fr.linkedin.com/pub/laurent-h/25/36b/a86/>

Posted by Mohammad Islam <mi...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.

Posted by Morgrim Murdargent <mo...@gmail.com>.
Hello Mohammad.