Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Ian Forde <if...@marketo.com> on 2014/12/10 23:37:22 UTC

Re: cloudstack user password requirements

Following up on thisŠ

It¹s via the UI.  We¹re using LDAP authentication with Active Directory as
the backend, where AD allows Œ<Œ and Œ>¹ but Cloudstack apparently
doesn¹t.  We¹ve disabled connection security on LDAP and used tcpdump to
verify that CS is mistakenly encoding those characters before sending them
off to AD.  Could this be an unintended artifact of the XSS defensive code
(maybe CLOUDSTACK-2936)?  Right now we¹re looking at telling folks to
change their passwords if they¹ve got either of those characters in their
password.  And if there are other characters that get encoded, we don¹t
know what they are yetŠ

Help?

Posted by Ian Forde <if...@marketo.com>.
(Seems like I have character encoding issues of my own.)

The characters that AD allows but CS doesn’t are the greater than (>) and
less than (<) characters.  Hope the previous message wasn’t too garbled
for decipherment…

  -I