Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Ted Husted <hu...@apache.org> on 2001/07/29 23:58:21 UTC

Validator Tags - Lost Alerts

I was updating an application to use the latest version of the Validator
tags (0702), and the client-side alerts disappeared. The scripts are
there,
and the names match up, but no alerts ;-(

Meanwhile, the server-side validations are working just fine ....

Any insights?

-Ted.

Re: Validator Tags - Lost Alerts

Posted by Ted Husted <hu...@apache.org>.
Thanks, Dave. I tried it with IE 5.5 from another station, and it worked
fine again.

Turns out the Javascript on my local copy of IE is turned off, and, as
you say, many of the new validators don't work under Netscape 4.7x.

I was omitting most of these before, but just copied everything over
wholesale when I was moving to the current format. I took out everything
but required, mask, integer, creditCard, and email, and everyone is
happy again, even under Netscape.

I'll watch for the fix ;-)

Posted by David Winterfeldt <dw...@yahoo.com>.

http://phonecard.yahoo.com/