Posted to user@pivot.apache.org by Chris Bartlett <cb...@googlemail.com> on 2010/06/20 21:00:40 UTC

ComponentExplorer json resource file

One label was missed during the WTKX -> BXML changes

/pivot-trunk/tutorials/src/org/apache/pivot/tutorials/explorer/ComponentExplorer.json

wtkxSourceLabel: "WTKX Source"
should be
bxmlSourceLabel: "BXML Source"

Re: ComponentExplorer json resource file

Posted by Sandro Martini <sa...@gmail.com>.
Uh, as always making things in a hurry lead to (unwanted) problems:
I have only changed the label and not the variable :-( ... I'll fix it
tomorrow, sorry for the problem at the moment.

Sandro

Re: ComponentExplorer json resource file

Posted by Chris Bartlett <cb...@googlemail.com>.
Sandro,

As you didn't change wtkxSourceLabel to bxmlSourceLabel, ComponentExplorer
cannot resolve the name and subsequently shows the resource name (see
screenshot).
As Greg said, the java file was already updated to use bxml rather than
wtkx.

Chris

Posted by Greg Brown <gk...@mac.com>.
>> Yeah, I haven't touched the docs yet - they will probably need a thorough review before we release version 2.
> And probably we need a powerful search/replace in files for a first
> pass on remaining files

I actually plan to review them all one by one. I want to re-read them for accuracy as well as make sure all of the BXML is up to date, since the addition of default properties touched a lot of files.

Re: ComponentExplorer json resource file

Posted by Sandro Martini <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hi,
fix committed, now the label is right, and this time I've tested the
Component Explorer, running it some times :-) ...

> Yeah, I haven't touched the docs yet - they will probably need a thorough review before we release version 2.
And probably we need a powerful search/replace in files for a first
pass on remaining files (but could be very dangerous, but this time
with subversion and diff we could have a great help) ... years ago I
used something like this, I have to remember what utility was ... and
I agree with you that a big review is waiting us after that change ...

Bye,
Sandro

Re: ComponentExplorer json resource file

Posted by Greg Brown <gk...@mac.com>.

Posted by Greg Brown <gk...@mac.com>.
I haven't touched the documentation yet - that will come later. I thought I had caught all of the "wtkx" references in code, though. I didn't search JSON files but I'm pretty sure I searched all the .java and .bxml files.