Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by Thomas Haas <th...@softwired-inc.com> on 2000/04/19 22:09:05 UTC

JUnit task and friends

Upon request a snapshot of the current JUnit task is provided.
Except Path.java everything resides in the optional package for now. The development got stuck due to the current discussion about the future design of ant. The JUnit task needs a proposal to replace Exec with a more extensible and reusable version offering various other feattures (see OExec.java).

NOTE
- Tests are not run if a file TEST-<testname>.xml already exists. This is used for fix/build/test cycles prior to committing changes to the repository.
- Both features may be made confifurable and/or optional, as they may not be needed by everybody.
- I started implementing only my features, as it first looked like beside Stefan Bodewig nobody is interested in this. It looks like I was wrong, great.

TODO
- provide a specialiced classloader to extend the classpath at runtime differently for every junit task.
- in addition to the XML output provide ASCII output.
- I am not 100% happy with the XML structure, but it is fine right now.
- Docu

As long as it JUnit is not part of ant, I will collect patches and submit them to the list.

Let me know, what you think.
- tom