Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by Francesco Furfari <fr...@isti.cnr.it> on 2007/01/04 19:27:22 UTC

Requiremets -- was:Java kernel release

 > If you are interested in getting involved in helping implement some of
 > this or other parts of Tuscany, let us know and I am sure people will be
 > able to give you pointers to help get you started. Also, we're always
 > interested in hearing about your requirements, particularly since it
 > sounds as if you have several projects that may be able to make use of
 > these capabilities.

not several projects :-) just one, I'm currently involved in CASPAR
project (http://www.casparpreserves.eu/) about the preservation of
digital artefacts over time. Basically the objective is to implement,
validate and extend the OAIS reference model
(http://public.ccsds.org/publications/archive/650x0b1.pdf), so the main
research interest is about metadata management of digital information
objects, not s/w engineering per se.
You can get a top level view of the model at page 4-1, while the last
page (F-1) give you a composite view of the functional entities.
Obviously I cannot state anything on behalf of the Project management,
I'm reporting just my opinion. An effective software development should
implies many of the aspects addressed by the SCA spec, I'm referring to
the security, policy, transaction, conversational services and so on.
At the moment I haven't specific requirements, I can tell you my
expectations.
The work will be developed among different partners developing specific
components/subsystems and sharing them in a common source repository. I
guess we should be able to build and deploy the whole system in a single
host machine (one/multiple processes) for debugging purpose, but also
set up a production network, as well as a network for testing the
various releases.
Thus, for example, I appreciate in SCA the @AllowsPassbyReference in the
data exchange semantic, because useful when deploying on a single
process and, I think, to tune the system by grouping parts of it for
performance reasons. I expect to administer nodes of the "test" network
in which to deploy new versions, but also nodes in which are running
components that I cannot install on my development node (e.g. different
platform)

that's all so far.
regards
francesco