Posted to user@pig.apache.org by Jon Coveney <jc...@gmail.com> on 2012/09/05 08:32:27 UTC

Berkeley lecture on Pig

In partnership with Berkeley, Twitter employees are giving a number of lectures to a class on big data. I did one on Pig. I thought some might find it useful.

Slides:
http://db.tt/VJfy1Ixz

Full presentation:
http://blogs.ischool.berkeley.edu/i290-abdt-s12/

If you have any comments let me know (though I'll be out of the country for the next two weeks).

Hope it's useful
Jon

Re: Berkeley lecture on Pig

Posted by Russell Jurney <ru...@gmail.com>.
Pig blog.

Russell Jurney http://datasyndrome.com

Re: Berkeley lecture on Pig

Posted by Bill Graham <bi...@gmail.com>.

RE: Berkeley lecture on Pig

Posted by Anurag Gulati <An...@aexp.com>.
Thanks for the resource!

Regards,

Anurag Gulati

[...]

American Express a ajout� le commentaire suivant le Wed Sep 05 2012 08:27:53

Ce courrier et toute pi�ce jointe qu'il contient sont r�serv�s au seul destinataire indiqu� et peuvent renfermer des renseignements confidentiels et privil�gi�s. Si vous n'�tes pas le destinataire pr�vu, toute divulgation, duplication, utilisation ou distribution du courrier ou de toute pi�ce jointe est interdite. Si vous avez re�u cette communication par erreur, veuillez nous en aviser par courrier et d�truire imm�diatement le courrier et les pi�ces jointes. Merci.

Re: Berkeley lecture on Pig

Posted by Prashant Kommireddi <pr...@gmail.com>.
Nice!

Re: Berkeley lecture on Pig

Posted by Atul Thapliyal <at...@aggiemail.usu.edu>.
Thanks a lot for sharing Jon !!

--
Warm Regards
Atul

Re: Berkeley lecture on Pig

Posted by Jon Coveney <jc...@gmail.com>.
Do it!

Re: Machine Learning + Pig?

Posted by Manish Bhoge <ma...@rocketmail.com>.
Anurag,

Pig can provide you data flow capability where you can do conventional data analysis and run aggregations. As far as ML is concerned use Mahout where you have most of the algorithm implementation like clustering, k-means, LR etc. Let me know if you need specific documentation on this.

Thanks,
Manish
Sent from my BlackBerry, pls excuse typo

Posted by Dmitriy Ryaboy <dv...@gmail.com>.
Please take a look at Alek and Jimmy's paper on ML in Pig; there are
also a few presentations they did on this, here's one from the Hadoop
Summit:
https://speakerdeck.com/u/lintool/p/large-scale-machine-learning-at-twitter

Note also that Ted Dunning has taken some of the stuff we open-sourced
that allows us to do this, and hooked it up with Mahout feature
vectors:
https://github.com/tdunning/pig-vector  (we do something quite similar
internally, using the same base libraries).

-Dmitriy

Re: Machine Learning + Pig?

Posted by Manish Bhoge <ma...@rocketmail.com>.

Re: Machine Learning + Pig?

Posted by Bill Graham <bi...@gmail.com>.
Here's a paper about Machine Learning at Twitter using Pig:

http://www.umiacs.umd.edu/~jimmylin/publications/Lin_Kolcz_SIGMOD2012.pdf

Re: Machine Learning + Pig?

Machine Learning + Pig?

Posted by Anurag Gulati <An...@aexp.com>.
Hello Everyone!

I was wondering if there are any resources that show Machine Learning Algorithms implemented in Pig.

Thanks for your Help!

-Anurag G.

American Express made the following annotations on Wed Sep 05 2012 14:28:25

"This message and any attachments are solely for the intended recipient and may contain confidential or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, use, or distribution of the information included in this message and any attachments is prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us by reply e-mail and immediately and permanently delete this message and any attachments. Thank you."

American Express a ajout� le commentaire suivant le Wed Sep 05 2012 14:28:25

RE: Berkeley lecture on Pig

Posted by Steve Bernstein <St...@deem.com>.