Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com> on 2009/09/10 23:47:57 UTC

Tapestry Training in Frankfurt, Germany: Nov 23-25

Sebastian Hennebrüder and I have been working on a plan to bring
open-enrollment Tapestry training to Europe!
We are planning on offering training in Frankfurt, Germany on Nov 23-25.
 This is my three-day, hands-on Tapestry workshop, which I normally teach
on-site for specific clients. Recent clients include ProQuest, Ioko, Chess,
and Reach-U.

The training is fully described on my home
page<http://howardlewisship.com/training.html>
.

I strongly believe that, when it comes to technology, people *learn through
their fingertips* . To that aim, I teach Tapestry as an interactive *
workshop* consisting of ten labs. Each lab teaches a different aspect of
Tapestry; a particular component or set of components, or a particular
challenge developers are likely to face.

Each lab starts with a 20 to 30 minute presentation that will outline the
goals of the lab: the issues to be tackled, the components to be covered,
the special challenges to be explored. The labs themselves consist of an
Eclipse project and a partially working Tapestry application (usually, just
a single page). The goal is to "fix" the application, by adding and
configuring components, and by writing small amounts of Java code. For the
more complex labs, the work is broken up into smaller stages. Each lab
includes a *cheat sheet* to ensure that no one gets too frustrated.

This Workshop approach is a way for me to gently lead people into the way of
Tapestry, and to help developers understand exactly what it is that Tapestry
does and even how it operates internally. Although the labs are geared for
developers new to web development and new to Tapestry, they are also rich
with information of value to even seasoned Tapestry developers.

We are currently gauging interest level.  If you are DEFINITELY interested,
please respond ... if we get sufficient responses, we will go forward with
the class.

Cost for the the course will be € 1300. This will include the training
itself, plus:

   - Hard copies of the training materials
   - Morning and afternoon breaks with tea, coffee and snacks
   - Lunch

It is suggested that you bring your own laptop computer; if not,
arrangements can be made to supply you with a laptop for the duration of the
class.

You will need about 8 GB free on the laptop and admin rights, to install
VMWare Player.

--
Howard M. Lewis Ship

Creator of Apache Tapestry

The source for Tapestry training, mentoring and support. Contact me to learn
how I can get you up and productive in Tapestry fast!

Re: Tapestry Training in Frankfurt, Germany: Nov 23-25

Posted by Sebastian Hennebrueder <us...@laliluna.de>.
Hello,

just a note. The price of 1300 EUR is excluding VAT. VAT is 19 % in Germany.

--
Best Regards / Viele Grüße

Sebastian Hennebrueder
-----
Software Developer and Trainer for Hibernate / Java Persistence
http://www.laliluna.de