Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by gfrank <gr...@netfrank.net> on 2008/11/06 00:37:38 UTC

Dynamic Security Configuration of users and roles

hopefully someone can give advice on this, my project requires dynamic
creation of topics, users and roles such that a given topic can only be
accessed by one user and that user can only access that one topic.  this
must be done in a programmatic fashion without bouncing the activemq server
a a user represents a customer and the system must be able to add customers
on-the-fly without downtime.

i've noticed an object: org.apache.activemq.security.AuthorizationBroker
which implements a jmx interface to create roles and add them to users and
topics.  I'm not sure if this is a proper target for my needs and i dont see
it visible in a jmx console.

perhaps the answer is to move to some sort of database-backed authentication
module and then just manipulate the database with code?  i'd prefer to keep
databases out of my implementation and use direct programmatic manipulation
of the activemq server.

thanks for any advice,
Greg

Re: Dynamic Security Configuration of users and roles

Posted by Joe Fernandez <jo...@ttmsolutions.com>.
Hi Greg,

AFAIK, ActiveMQ does not currently provide a solution to your specific
programmatic requirement.

Joe

Posted by gfrank <gr...@netfrank.net>.
hi Joe,