Posted to l10n@openoffice.apache.org by Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org> on 2014/08/06 13:20:52 UTC

Re: AOO 4.1.1: Start Menu Icon is Blank

On 26/07/2014 Aivaras Stepukonis wrote:
> After installing AOO 4.1.1 on my Windows Vista Machine I noticed the
> Start Menu icon for "OpenOffice" was blank. Please, take a look at this
> https://www.dropbox.com/s/3n4fsningm9n5xs/Start%20Menu%20Icon%20140726-1.jpg

This is one of the issues that would need some
investigation/confirmation before we release 4.1.1. Do you believe that
it has something to do with your manual edits of the Start menu? Losing
the main OpenOffice icon looks quite bad, so I hope this is an edge case.

Regards,
   Andrea.

Re: AOO 4.1.1: Start Menu Icon is Blank

Posted by Aivaras Stepukonis <as...@gmail.com>.
It may have to do with the manual edits. Actually, that's the only
explanation I'm able to come up. What may undermine this explanation is
the fact that the outcome was the same both when installing AOO 4.1.1
over 4.1.0 and when installing 4.1.1 after uninstalling AOO altogether.

I can test the installation once again. But it has to be a bit more
controlled (perhaps with an outlined procedure for a complete removal of
AOO files from the computer before the installation). Any methodical
suggestions are welcome.

Regards,

Aivaras

Posted by Pedro Albuquerque <pa...@gmail.com>.
On 06-08-2014 12:20, Andrea Pescetti wrote:
> On 26/07/2014 Aivaras Stepukonis wrote:
>> After installing AOO 4.1.1 on my Windows Vista Machine I noticed the
>> Start Menu icon for "OpenOffice" was blank. Please, take a look at this
>> https://www.dropbox.com/s/3n4fsningm9n5xs/Start%20Menu%20Icon%20140726-1.jpg
>>

> This is one of the issues that would need some
> investigation/confirmation before we release 4.1.1. Do you believe
> that it has something to do with your manual edits of the Start menu?
> Losing the main OpenOffice icon looks quite bad, so I hope this is an
> edge case.
I installed RC1 Windows yesterday and everything looks good!
Regards,
Pedro.