Posted to ivy-user@ant.apache.org by Freund Stephan <St...@ofwi.ch> on 2007/12/19 08:50:34 UTC

re/report with description tag

Hi

In the html-report and the html-repository-report (rereport) I want to
have the description
out of the ivy.xml.

I'm using the report and rereport ant target with xls-transformation
like:

        <ivy:report todir="${ivy.output.path}"
                    validate="true"
                    xml="true"
                    xslfile="${ivy.xsl.file}"/>

My ivy.xml looks like:

    <?xml-stylesheet type="text/xsl"
href="http://ivyrep.jayasoft.org/ivy-doc.xsl"?>
    <ivy-module version="1.3"

xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="http://ivy.ofwi.ch/ivy.xsd">
        <info organisation="ofwi" module="excelconverter">
            <description homepage="http://www.ofwi.ch/">
                The excelconverter serves for converting a csv-file to
an excel-file.
            </description>
        </info>
        <configurations>
            <conf name="default" visibility="public"/>
        </configurations>
        <publications>
            <artifact name="excelconverter" type="jar" conf="default"/>
        </publications>
        <dependencies>
            <dependency org="jexcelapi" name="jxl" rev="2.5.8"/>
            <dependency org="org.testng" name="testng" rev="5.7"/>
        </dependencies>
    </ivy-module>

If in the ant-report tag the xslfile (ivy.xsl.file) is the same like in
the href of the ivy.xml
(http://ivyrep.jayasoft.org/ivy-doc.xsl) the buildet html report is an
emty file! If I do not use the
xslfile-attribute in the report-ant-target, the report does not contain
the description out of the ivy.xml.

Thanks

Stephan

Re: re/report with description tag

Posted by Xavier Hanin <xa...@gmail.com>.
On Dec 19, 2007 8:50 AM, Freund Stephan <St...@ofwi.ch> wrote:

> Hi
>
> In the html-report and the html-repository-report (rereport) I want to
> have the description
> out of the ivy.xml.
>
> I'm using the report and rereport ant target with xls-transformation
> like:
>
>        <ivy:report todir="${ivy.output.path}"
>                    validate="true"
>                    xml="true"
>                    xslfile="${ivy.xsl.file}"/>
>
> My ivy.xml looks like:
>
>    <?xml-stylesheet type="text/xsl"
> href="http://ivyrep.jayasoft.org/ivy-doc.xsl"?>
>    <ivy-module version="1.3"
>                xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
>
> xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="http://ivy.ofwi.ch/ivy.xsd">
>        <info organisation="ofwi" module="excelconverter">
>            <description homepage="http://www.ofwi.ch/">
>                The excelconverter serves for converting a csv-file to
> an excel-file.
>            </description>
>        </info>
>        <configurations>
>            <conf name="default" visibility="public"/>
>        </configurations>
>        <publications>
>            <artifact name="excelconverter" type="jar" conf="default"/>
>        </publications>
>        <dependencies>
>            <dependency org="jexcelapi" name="jxl" rev="2.5.8"/>
>            <dependency org="org.testng" name="testng" rev="5.7"/>
>        </dependencies>
>    </ivy-module>
>
> If in the ant-report tag the xslfile (ivy.xsl.file) is the same like in
> the href of the ivy.xml
> (http://ivyrep.jayasoft.org/ivy-doc.xsl) the buildet html report is an
> emty file! If I do not use the
> xslfile-attribute in the report-ant-target, the report does not contain
> the description out of the ivy.xml.

I'm confused... you're talking about report and repreport tasks which work
with an xml report, then you talk about an xsl which should be applied to an
ivy.xml file (content is very different from what you find in the xml
report), then talk about the ant report task, but I still don't really see
what you want to achieve: improve the Ivy html report, or make an xsl
transformation of Ivy files to present their content in a different way?

Could you elaborate?

Xavier

http://xhab.blogspot.com/
http://ant.apache.org/ivy/