Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Francisco Andrés Fernández <fr...@gmail.com> on 2015/09/10 15:58:03 UTC

Detect term occurrences

Hi all, I'm new to Solr.
I want to detect all ocurrences of terms existing in a thesaurus into 1 or
more documents.
What´s the best strategy to make it?
Doing a query for each term doesn't seem to be the best way.
Many thanks,

Francisco

Re: Detect term occurrences

Posted by Walter Underwood <wu...@wunderwood.org>.
Doing a query for each term should work well. Solr is fast for queries. Write a script.

I assume you only need to do this once. Running all the queries will probably take less time than figuring out a different approach.

wunder
Walter Underwood
wunder@wunderwood.org

RE: Detect term occurrences

Posted by Markus Jelsma <ma...@openindex.io>.

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.
_Assuming_ this isn't a high throughput _and_ the leaflet text isn't too big...

Index the thesaurus and fire all the terms of the query in a big OR
clause against the index as a _query_. Perhaps turn highlighting on
and highlight the entire leaflet text.

Note, this is just "off the top of my head", I really haven't thought
it through too far and a lot depends on how many leaflets you have to
process and how often....

Best,
Erick

Re: Detect term occurrences

Posted by Francisco Andrés Fernández <fr...@gmail.com>.
Thanks again.
For the moment I think it won't be a problem. I have ~500 documents.
Regards,

Francisco

Re: Detect term occurrences

Posted by simon <mt...@gmail.com>.

Re: Detect term occurrences

Posted by Francisco Andrés Fernández <fr...@gmail.com>.
Thanks!

Re: Detect term occurrences

Posted by Sujit Pal <su...@comcast.net>.
Hi Francisco,

Re: Detect term occurrences

Posted by Alexandre Rafalovitch <ar...@gmail.com>.

Re: Detect term occurrences

Posted by Francisco Andrés Fernández <fr...@gmail.com>.
Many thanks pals.
I will walk some of those ways (and return with new questions)
;)
Best regards,

Francisco

Re: Detect term occurrences