Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by jflex <je...@gmail.com> on 2008/03/07 16:32:17 UTC

Ajax password authenticate

Hi, I am currently working on an ajax client for AMQ. I have gotten
everything to work fine with non-protected topics but I now need to find a
way to authenticate users to username/password protected topics. Are there
certain post variables that need to be sent with the "handshaking"?

The ajax client is being written in flex as a fallback to the stomp client
(in case of firewall blockage), I have been trying to follow along with the
amq.js.

Thanks for your help

Jeff

Re: Ajax password authenticate

Posted by Dejan Bosanac <de...@nighttale.net>.
I believe the easiest way is to provide a custom configured  connection
factory (with appropriate username and password set) to the message servlet
through org.apache.activemq.connectionFactory attribute.

In case that you want to be able to use different credentials per request,
I'm afraid you'll have to file a Jira enhancement request :)

Regards
--
Dejan Bosanac
www.scriptinginjava.net