Posted to cactus-user@jakarta.apache.org by Christopher Thill <cj...@yahoo.com.au> on 2009/04/08 08:30:08 UTC

Missing Cactus property [cactus.contextURL] when using maven 1.1

Sorry for the long winded newbie questions but help would will be greatly appreciated.

I have a turbine web applications that has been working for a while.  I am using maven 1.1 and the META plugin 1.3 and turbine 2.3.3.

I am trying to setup cactus testing for the application.  I downloaded the cactus maven plugin using the command
   maven plugin:download -DartifactId=cactus-maven -DgroupId=cactus -Dversion=1.7.2

I then added the following lines to my project.xml file
    <dependency>
      <groupId>cactus</groupId>
      <artifactId>cactus</artifactId>
      <version>13-1.7.2</version>
      <properties>
        <war.bundle>false</war.bundle>
      </properties>
    </dependency>
    <dependency>
      <groupId>cactus</groupId>
      <artifactId>cactus-ant</artifactId>
      <version>13-1.7.2</version>
    </dependency>
    <dependency>
      <groupId>aspectj</groupId>
      <artifactId>aspectjrt</artifactId>
      <version>1.2.1</version>
      <properties>
        <war.bundle>false</war.bundle>
      </properties>
    </dependency>
    <dependency>
      <groupId>commons-httpclient</groupId>
      <artifactId>commons-httpclient</artifactId>
      <version>2.0.2</version>
      <properties>
        <cactus.bundle>true</cactus.bundle>
        <war.bundle>false</war.bundle>
      </properties>
    </dependency>
    <!-- The following have been added to try to get ride of an error with the the
         build where cactus.ContextURL is not found. -->
    <dependency>
      <groupId>cargo</groupId>
      <artifactId>cargo</artifactId>
      <version>0.5</version>
    </dependency>
    <dependency>
      <groupId>httpunit</groupId>
      <artifactId>httpunit</artifactId>
      <version>1.6</version>
    </dependency>
    <dependency>
      <groupId>nekohtml</groupId>
      <artifactId>nekohtml</artifactId>
      <version>0.9.1</version>
    </dependency>
    <dependency>
      <groupId>xerces</groupId>
      <artifactId>xercesImpl</artifactId>
      <version>2.6.2</version>
    </dependency>
    <dependency>
      <groupId>xerces</groupId>
      <artifactId>xmlParserAPIs</artifactId>
      <version>2.2.1</version>
    </dependency>
    <dependency>
      <groupId>rhino</groupId>
      <artifactId>js</artifactId>
      <version>1.5R4.1</version>
    </dependency>
    <dependency>
      <groupId>ant</groupId>
      <artifactId>ant</artifactId>
      <version>1.5.3-1</version>
    </dependency>
    <dependency>
      <groupId>commons-jelly</groupId>
      <artifactId>commons-jelly</artifactId>
      <version>20030902.160215</version>
    </dependency>
    <dependency>
      <groupId>commons-jelly</groupId>
      <artifactId>commons-jelly-tags-ant</artifactId>
      <version>20030625.032346</version>
    </dependency>
    <dependency>
      <groupId>commons-beanutils</groupId>
      <artifactId>commons-beanutils</artifactId>
      <version>1.7.0</version>
    </dependency>
    <dependency>
      <groupId>commons-jelly</groupId>
      <artifactId>commons-jelly-tags-xml</artifactId>
      <version>20030211.142705</version>
    </dependency>

I then added the following lines to the build.properties for the project
   # Cactus configuration
   #cactus.home.tomcat4x =      C:/Apache/apache-tomcat-6.0.14
   #cactus.home.tomcat6x =      C:/Apache/apache-tomcat-6.0.14
   cactus.src.dir       =      src/test
   # cactus.contextURL    =      http://localhost:8080/jacksprats

I wrote a test case. I will not attach the file here it does not even get executed.

I issue the command
   maven cactus

I get the erro "Missing Cactus property [cactus.contextURL]" problem in the cactus "TEST-TestCaseTest.xml" file

This still persists if I uncomment the cactus.contextURL line in the build.properties.

If I enter the command line
    maven cactus -Dcactus.contextURL=http://localhost:8080/jacksprats

I get the a "Connection refused: connect" error in the test output.

      Enjoy a better web experience. Upgrade to the new Internet Explorer 8 optimised for Yahoo!7. Get it now.