Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by "Edwards, Joshua" <Jo...@capitalone.com> on 2014/07/29 17:50:35 UTC

Solr Wiki ContributorsGroup request

Hello -

My name is Josh Edwards, and I am starting to get spun up on Solr, as we are investigating using it at our organization.  As I work my way through the wiki, I would like the ability to update the documentation as I find typos and things that are out of date.  Would it be possible for me to be added to the Contributors Group?  My wiki name is JoshuaEdwards .

Thanks!
Josh Edwards

The information contained in this e-mail is confidential and/or proprietary to Capital One and/or its affiliates. The information transmitted herewith is intended only for use by the individual or entity to which it is addressed.  If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any review, retransmission, dissemination, distribution, copying or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon this information is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from your computer.

RE: Solr Wiki ContributorsGroup request

Posted by Chris Hostetter <ho...@fucit.org>.
: One of the specific pages that I've been looking at is the page on
: compiling Solr: https://wiki.apache.org/solr/HowToCompileSolr .  I

go for it...

: haven't seen a corresponding page in Confluence.  Could you help me
: understand the relationship between the wiki and the Confluence
: documentation?

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/solr/Internal+-+Maintaining+Documentation#Internal-MaintainingDocumentation-WhatShouldandShouldNotbeIncludedinThisDocumentation

cwiki = user refrence guide
wiki = community tips & tricks

FWIW: another great way anyone can help with documentation is to prune
"official doc" type stuff from wiki.apache.org if/when you confirm that it
is definitely covered completley in the ref guide, and replace it with a
link to the ref guide.

-Hoss
http://www.lucidworks.com/

RE: Solr Wiki ContributorsGroup request

Posted by "Edwards, Joshua" <Jo...@capitalone.com>.
Thanks, Steve -

One of the specific pages that I've been looking at is the page on compiling Solr: https://wiki.apache.org/solr/HowToCompileSolr .  I haven't seen a corresponding page in Confluence.  Could you help me understand the relationship between the wiki and the Confluence documentation?

Thanks,
Josh

I've added you to the Solr ContributorsGroup page.

Note that the Solr Reference Guide[1] is now Solr's official documentation, and that stale documentation you find in the wiki may have already been fixed there.  I encourage you to comment on Solr Reference Guide pages where you find problems - Solr committers will review your comments (which are automatically sent to the dev list) and incorporate changes into the content.

Steve

[1] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/solr/Apache+Solr+Reference+Guide

Posted by Steve Rowe <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hi Josh,