Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de> on 2014/11/19 14:34:53 UTC

Updated Flex-SDK to use apache-flex blazeds :-)

Hi guys :-)

I just updated the build job on build.apache.org to keep the latest successful artifacts and then the flex-sdk build to download and use that library instead of the one of the Adobe Flex SDK. I did try to do it correct and gave the build a spin after that. All seems to have went well. But as I'm not that familiar with the inner workings of the ANT build I don't quite know which targets to run in order to test everything. Could you please give my changes a spin?

Chris

Re: Updated Flex-SDK to use apache-flex blazeds :-)

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

On 11/21/14, 3:16 AM, "Justin Mclean" <ju...@classsoftware.com> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>> 1) Neither the Ant build on apacheflexbuilds nor the Maven build on
>> builds.a.o seems to be creating a .WAR file.  Do we need to do that?
>
>It not essential no, but some people may want it.
>
>> 2) The donated code does not contain the source or binary for
>> flex-rds-server.jar.
>
>I think that only required for the wizards so we can probably do with out
>it.

Right, without it, FB can’t run the wizards.  Is that going to be a
problem for acceptance by the customers of the Apache Flex version?

>It used to be found here:
>http://opensource.adobe.com/svn/opensource/blazeds/trunk/lib/flex-rds-serv
>er.jar

I could post the jar somewhere we could get it, but it would still be
under Adobe licensing so we don’t get the benefit of dropping a
proprietary dependency.  I’m trying to gauge how hard to go looking for
source.

-Alex

Re: Updated Flex-SDK to use apache-flex blazeds :-)

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

> 1) Neither the Ant build on apacheflexbuilds nor the Maven build on
> builds.a.o seems to be creating a .WAR file.  Do we need to do that?

It not essential no, but some people may want it.

> 2) The donated code does not contain the source or binary for
> flex-rds-server.jar.

I think that only required for the wizards so we can probably do with out it.

It used to be found here:
http://opensource.adobe.com/svn/opensource/blazeds/trunk/lib/flex-rds-server.jar

Now password protected as I can't access it. Perhaps the code is in that trunk somewhere?

Justin

AW: Updated Flex-SDK to use apache-flex blazeds :-)

Posted by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de>.
Have to admit that I have never used the opt packages.
BlazeDS itself is in the 4 packages core, common, proxy and remoting. The opt packages seem to be some sort of convenience classes for linking the tomcat4 login mechanism with that of BlazeDS. I disabled those modules for "jrun", "oracle", "weblogic" and "websphere" as you need the core libs of these containers in order to build and these are not available publically.

The WAR was probably the tournkey option, that outputs a war archive to immediate experimenting. I think this must have been part of that insanely old BlazeDS release. If we need it we would probably have to re-implement it.

Regarding the flex-rds-server.jar ... I have never heard of this nor have I ever had to use it. Could this eventually be a leftover from the livecycle server which had the "realtime" stuff in it?

But I thought the Flex SDK only relied on the flex-messageing-commons or core and not the rest ... I never even knew that this rds-jar existed.

Chris