Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Charles Gardner <c-...@adventact.com> on 2002/10/02 16:34:45 UTC

Installing tomcat service

     I have run the following commands on a Win2K system.  I have my wrapper.properties
file setup as shown.    The service seems to be installed but wont start.  There is a mention of a problem with file names which are not of the 8.3 type (as shown where my home for tomcat).  I cant seem to find a log file giving me more details of the problem.

=====================

C:\Program Files\jakarta-tomcat-3.3.1\bin>jk_nt_service -I tomcat -A wrapper.properties
Asked (and given) winsock 1.1
The service named tomcat was created. Now adding registry entries
Registry values were added
If you have already updated wrapper.properties you may start the tomcat service by executing "jk_nt_service -s tomcat" f
rom the command prompt

C:\Program Files\jakarta-tomcat-3.3.1\bin>jk_nt_service -s tomcat
Asked (and given) winsock 1.1
Starting tomcat.
tomcat failed to start.

===============================

#
# $Header: /home/cvspublic/jakarta-tomcat/src/etc/jk/wrapper.properties,v 1.4 2002/03/13 03:40:07 larryi Exp $
# $Revision: 1.4 $
# $Date: 2002/03/13 03:40:07 $
#
#
# jk_service.properties - a bootstrup file for the Tomcat NT service.
#
# This file provides jk_nt_service with the needed information to
# start tomcat at a different process.
#
# As a general note, the characters $( and ) are used internally to define
# macros. Do not use them!!!
#
# Whenever you see a set of lines such as:
# x=value
# y=$(x)\something
#
# the final value for y will be value\something
#
# Normaly all you will need to modify is the first two properties, i.e.
# wrapper.tomcat_home and wrapper.java_home. Most of the configuration
# is derived from these two.
#

#
# wrapper.tomcat_home should point to the location where you
# installed tomcat. This is where you have your conf, webapps and lib
# directories.
#
wrapper.tomcat_home=c:\"Program Files"\jakarta-tomcat-3.3.1

#
# wrapper.java_home should point to your Java installation. Normally
# you should have a bin and lib directories beneath it.
#
wrapper.java_home=d:\java\j2sdk1.4.0

Adventa Control Technologies | Voice: 972.543.1689
3001 East Plano Parkway #100 | Fax:   972.633.9317
Plano TX 75074-7422          |