Posted to dev@santuario.apache.org by Milan Tomic <mi...@setcce.org> on 2004/12/05 14:36:07 UTC

Proposal

	I have an interesting idea and I hope it is not too compilcated.
It would be great if Apache XSEC libraries (Java & C++) would, during
XML signature validation, retrive colo(u)red XML that was signed, as
HTML (not signed XML in one colo(u)r and signed in the other). The
problem today is that when end user (a person) receives signed XML file
and clicks on "Verify"/"Validate" button in some GUI app and receives
answer (i.e. "Signature is valid."), s/he doesn't know what was signed
in XML document. Sometimes there are complicated XPath expressions in
reference section of Signature node and this is too difficult for end
users. Any comments?

Best regards,
Milan

RE: Proposal

Posted by Matthias Niggemeier <M...@thias.de>.
Doh!
First read, then write :-)
It would be interesting how many users of xerces / xsec use
it to display xml content.

Regards

Matthias

RE: Proposal