Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Te...@Linde-LE.com on 2003/03/25 11:43:23 UTC

query

Hi everyone,

I have indexed a table in the database.
the table has a column named TagNr. It contains values like 25-XX8569,
41-VL451   ect....
By indexing the table I use the factory method Field.Keyword for this
column. So the values are not tokenised in this field.
Now, when I'm searching for a value containing '-' in the field TagNr I
don't get any results.
I have escaped '-' using '\' like 25\-XX8569, 25\\-XX8569 and  25\-\XX8569.
But I still don't get anything.

Has someone any suggestions?

Thaks for help
Arsineh

write.lock

Posted by Rob Outar <ro...@ideorlando.org>.
Hi all,

	I am experiencing an odd problem where sometimes the write.lock files gets
left behind.  I have looked over all the my code and I close IndexWriter
after I use it.  I do a lot of batch processing where I write tons of files
to the index.  Has anyone run across this before?  Is IndexWriter the only
class that creates the write.lock file?  When is that write.lock file
deleted?

Let me know.

Thanks,

Rob

Re: query

Posted by Terry Steichen <te...@net-frame.com>.
Arsineh,

There was some discussion on this list about this topic earlier.  As I
recall, the escaping a '-' doesn't work (for reasons I don't recall -
something about interaction of analyzer and tokenizer, I think).  To handle
this for my own purposes, I believe I modified the QueryParser.jj source to
add a '-' as a valid alphanumeric code.  However, you have to be careful
because this may cause ordinary words not to match if they are hyphenated
from word-wrapping.

HTH,

Terry