Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Gabriel Beims Bräscher <ga...@gmail.com> on 2020/06/03 12:38:53 UTC

Re: [VOTE] Apache CloudStack 4.14.0.0 RC3

I know that the VOTE has passed, but I would like to add an answer
addressing the Liridon issue regarding DB  failing to start due to time
zone.

In such case, CloudStack fails to connect DB and therefore it does not
start.

Message  regarding time zone value:

Caused by: com.mysql.cj.exceptions.InvalidConnectionAttributeException: The
> server time zone value 'CEST' is unrecognized or represents more than one
> time zone. You must configure either the server or JDBC driver (via the
> 'serverTimezone' configuration property) to use a more specifc time zone
> value if you want to utilize time zone support.
>         at
> java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native
> Method)
>         at
> java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:62)
>         at
> java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:45)

To fix it is just update *db.cloud.url.params* (adding &serverTimezone=UTC)
and *db.usage.url.params* (adding serverTimezone=UTC) on
*/etc/cloudstack/management/db.properties*.

Updated values on those configurations are:

> *db.cloud.url.params=*
> prepStmtCacheSize=517&cachePrepStmts=true&sessionVariables=sql_mode='STRICT_TRANS_TABLES,NO_ZERO_IN_DATE,NO_ZERO_DATE,ERROR_FOR_DIVISION_BY_ZERO,NO_AUTO_CREATE_USER,NO_ENGINE_SUBSTITUTION'&serverTimezone=UTC
> *db.usage.url.params=*serverTimezone=UTC

Note that this should not happen during the upgrade if accepting the
changes on */etc/cloudstack/management/db.properties* (press yes when asked
during upgrade); however, if the file has not been changed, then the above
steps could help.

Cheers,
Gabriel.

Posted by Paul Angus <pa...@shapeblue.com>.
Hi Wesley,

What do you mean by a ' deployment solution' exactly?
In general, there are so many combinations and permutations of use cases + network configurations and storage vendors/configurations, 'one-size' generally fits nobody.

However, a combination of a bit of Googling and this list will certainly give you enough information and help to get you started figuring out the details of what's going to work for you.

Kind regards

Paul

paul.angus@shapeblue.com
www.shapeblue.com
@shapeblue

> handled in the Upgrade docs - exactly the same..

[OT] is there a cloudstack private IAAS deployment solution? not that large scale, most for storage. if there is the commercial solution, we can pay for it.

Thanks.

Re: [VOTE] Apache CloudStack 4.14.0.0 RC3

Posted by Wesley Peng <we...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Andrija Panic <an...@gmail.com>.
http://docs.cloudstack.apache.org/en/latest/upgrading/upgrade/upgrade-4.13.html#time-zone-requirements

handled in the Upgrade docs - exactly the same..

Best,
Andrija

--

Andrija Panić

Re: [VOTE] Apache CloudStack 4.14.0.0 RC3

Posted by Andrija Panic <an...@gmail.com>.

--

Andrija Panić