Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Charlene Mitchell <ch...@yahoo.co.uk> on 2002/12/10 09:21:46 UTC

get real path is always null in TomCat

Hi,

The TomCat guys confirmed getRealPath returns null,
and this is how it is supposed to be - because
embedded TomCat does not expand the war file (and
Jetty does).

Anyone searching on this can look in the tomcat mail
archives under the subject "getRealPath is null"

HTH someone in the future

Charlene

PS - damn helpful the people on the Jetty and TomCat
lists, unlike....  :-)

http://uk.my.yahoo.com

Re: get real path is always null in TomCat

Posted by Konstantin Piroumian <kp...@apache.org>.
(To moderator: please remove alias for my @protek.com email for this list
and I'll subscribe with correct address)
Comments below:

From: "Charlene Mitchell" <ch...@yahoo.co.uk>

> Hi,
>
> The TomCat guys confirmed getRealPath returns null,
> and this is how it is supposed to be - because
> embedded TomCat does not expand the war file (and
> Jetty does).
>
> Anyone searching on this can look in the tomcat mail
> archives under the subject "getRealPath is null"

This is not a Tomcat specific behavior. According to Servlet specification,
the getRealPath() can return null at the servlet container discretion (this
can happen also for security reasons).

Konstantin