Posted to c-users@xalan.apache.org by gu...@wipro.com on 2006/04/28 09:31:56 UTC

Compilation issue

Hi,

I have created the following header file and written the code around it.
When I try to compile it, I am getting compilation error. Please help me
on this.

#include <xercesc/sax/SAXParseException.hpp>
#include <xercesc/parsers/SAXParser.hpp>
#include <SAXPrintHandlers.h>

#include <xalanc/DOMSupport/XalanDocumentPrefixResolver.hpp>
#include <xalanc/XPath/XObject.hpp>
#include <xalanc/XPath/XPathEvaluator.hpp>
#include <xalanc/XalanSourceTree/XalanSourceTreeDOMSupport.hpp>
#include <xalanc/XalanSourceTree/XalanSourceTreeInit.hpp>
#include <xalanc/XalanSourceTree/XalanSourceTreeParserLiaison.hpp>
#include <xalanc/XalanTransformer/XalanTransformer.hpp>
#include <xalanc/XalanSourceTree/XalanSourceTreeDOMSupport.hpp>
#include <xalanc/XalanSourceTree/XalanSourceTreeInit.hpp>

XERCES_CPP_NAMESPACE_USE
XALAN_CPP_NAMESPACE_USE
class XMResponseParser
{
    public:
       XMResponseParser();
       ~XMResponseParser();

       void             validateMsgBuffer(char *);
       void             retrieveElementValue(const string &expression,
string &returnVal);
       bool             isElementExist(const string &xPath);
       void             setResponseXML(const string &respMsg);

    private:

       XALAN_USING_XALAN(XalanDocument)
       XALAN_USING_XALAN(XalanSourceTreeDOMSupport)

       XalanSourceTreeDOMSupport       theDOMSupport;
       XalanDocument*           theDocument;

       SAXPrintHandlers         handler;
       SAXParser                parser;
       string                   response;
};

Compilation error is

Error 712: "./XMResponseParser.h", line 64 # This class scope
using-declaration does not refer to a base class member.
            XALAN_USING_XERCES(XMLPlatformUtils)
            ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Error 712: "./XMResponseParser.h", line 65 # This class scope
using-declaration does not refer to a base class member.
            XALAN_USING_XALAN(XPathEvaluator)
            ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Error 712: "./XMResponseParser.h", line 66 # This class scope
using-declaration does not refer to a base class member.
            XALAN_USING_XALAN(XalanTransformer)
            ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Error 712: "./XMResponseParser.h", line 67 # This class scope
using-declaration does not refer to a base class member.
            XALAN_USING_XALAN(XalanDocument)
            ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Error 712: "./XMResponseParser.h", line 68 # This class scope
using-declaration does not refer to a base class member.
            XALAN_USING_XALAN(XalanSourceTreeDOMSupport)
            ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Thanks,
Guru Murthy,
WIPRO Technologies,
Ph: 080 3029 28 28
M: 9845763762
WIPRO VOIP: 808 4445

www.wipro.com

Re: Compilation issue

Posted by David Bertoni <db...@apache.org>.
guru.murthy@wipro.com wrote:

> Compilation error is
>
> *Error 712: "./XMResponseParser.h", line 64 # This class scope
> using-declaration does not refer to a base class member.*
>
> *            XALAN_USING_XERCES(XMLPlatformUtils)*

You are confusing using declarations and using directives.  Using
directives are not allowed at class scope.  The error message should
make it clear to you what the error is.

Dave