Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Андрей Родионов <ro...@mail.ru.INVALID> on 2017/11/08 08:03:04 UTC

maven plugin testing harness

Hi all,

I’m trying to run simple test using maven-plugin-testing-harness (3.3.0). But it looks like plugin doesn’t support maven 3 (3.2.2) ( it uses old plexus container and doesn’t support new eclipse sisu).

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.codehaus.plexus.DefaultPlexusContainer.<init>(Lorg/codehaus/plexus/ContainerConfiguration;[Lcom/google/inject/Module;)V
	at org.apache.maven.plugin.testing.AbstractMojoTestCase.setupContainer(AbstractMojoTestCase.java:243)
	at org.apache.maven.plugin.testing.AbstractMojoTestCase.getContainer(AbstractMojoTestCase.java:277)
	at org.apache.maven.plugin.testing.AbstractMojoTestCase.setUp(AbstractMojoTestCase.java:118)
	at org.apache.maven.plugin.testing.MojoRule$2.evaluate(MojoRule.java:304)
       ….. some junit stack

Does anyone know the best way to test maven plugins? maven-plugin-testing-harness seems abandoned and most of the links on http://maven.apache.org/plugin-testing/maven-plugin-testing-harness/project-info.html are broken. (http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MPLUGINTESTING , https://github.com/apache/maven-plugin-testing/maven-plugin-testing-harness/ )

Best Regards,
Andrey

Re: maven plugin testing harness

Posted by Stephen Connolly <st...@gmail.com>.
I recommend that you use invoker for testing plugins.