Posted to commits@pig.apache.org by Apache Wiki <wi...@apache.org> on 2008/12/05 00:27:59 UTC

[Pig Wiki] Trivial Update of "FrontPage" by OlgaN

Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Pig Wiki" for change notification.

The following page has been changed by OlgaN:
http://wiki.apache.org/pig/FrontPage

  '''New to Pig?''' First BuildPig or download it, then learn how to configure and RunPig, and get a PigOverview.  Finally, try our fresh off the press PigTutorial!

- '''Need Pig functions?''' Take a look at our brand new PiggyBank!
+ '''Need Pig functions?''' Take a look at our brand new PiggyBank! '''Want to know more?''' Check [http://wiki.apache.org/pig/UDFManual UDF Manual!]

  '''Interested in Pig Guts?''' We are completely redesigning the Pig execution and optimization framework. This work includes (1) creating new operator representations at the various layers (logical, physical, map-reduce) to facilitate optimization and (2) streamlining the execution pipeline. See the PigOptimizationWishList and PigExecutionModel for the design details. Implementation is already underway ...