Posted to dev@nifi.apache.org by Joe Witt <jo...@gmail.com> on 2015/08/03 18:15:18 UTC

[DISCUSS] [REPORT] NiFi : Draft board report

Team,

We need to report our project status to the Apache board now as a TLP.
It is usually done every 3 months but since we are a new TLP we will
be doing it monthly for the first three months.  The format of the
report then is centered around '3 month' intervals so as you're
reading that and thinking "that is new?" this is why.  Please take a
moment to check it out and advise if you think anything important is
missing.

I will submit the report in the next few days.

Thanks
Joe
----

Report from the Apache NiFi Project [Joe Witt]

 - Apache NiFi is an easy to use, powerful, and reliable system to
process and distribute data.

## Activity:
 - Completed transition from Incubator to TLP infrastructure.
 - Completed first release as a TLP
 - Closing in on the 0.3.0 release.
     - Corrects several defects.
- Adds support for integration with several Apache projects including
Ambari and Flume
     - Adds support for interaction with several of Amazon's Web Services.

## Issues:
 - There are no issues requiring board attention at this time.

## LDAP committee group/Committership changes:

 - Currently 12 committers and 12 LDAP committee group members.
 - No new LDAP committee group members added in the last 3 months
 - New commmitters:
    - Dan Bress was added as a committer on Wed May 27 2015
    - Bryan Bende was added as a committer on Mon Jun 15 2015

## Releases:

 - nifi-0.1.0-incubating was released on Thu May 14 2015
 - nifi-0.2.0-incubating was released on Sun Jul 12 2015
 - nifi-0.2.1 was released on Sun Jul 26 2015

## Mailing list activity:

 - users@nifi.apache.org:

 - dev@nifi.apache.org:

## JIRA activity:

Re: [DISCUSS] [REPORT] NiFi : Draft board report

Posted by Mike Drob <ma...@cloudera.com>.
Automate all the things makes a lot of sense. Might be worth an effort to
work on that piece and contribute it back into the generation tool

Posted by Joe Witt <jo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Mike Drob <ma...@cloudera.com>.