Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com> on 2018/12/12 19:38:43 UTC

[DRAFT] Apache Commons Board Report for December 2018

I will send this soon, feedback welcome.
-
 - Apache Commons is an Apache project focused on all aspects of reusable
Java
   components.

## Issues:
 - There are no issues requiring board attention at this time.

## Activity:
 - Activity is good with the release of 6 components.

## Health report:
 - The project is healthy but suffers from a lack of committer and PMC
   growth, we have one new committer this period.
 - Releases for existing components are in the planning stage for Pool,
   DBCP, IO, and Numbers.

## PMC changes:

 - Currently 38 PMC members.
 - Last PMC addition was Rob Tompkins on Fri Jun 30 2017

## Committer base changes:

 - Currently 146 committers.
 - Last committer addition was Sergio Fernández at Sat Nov 04 2017

## Releases:

 - CONFIGURATION-2.4 was released on Sun Oct 28 2018
 - CSV-1.6 was released on Mon Sep 24 2018
 - LANG-3.8.1 was released on Fri Sep 21 2018
 - RNG-1.2 was released on Tue Dec 11 2018
 - TEXT-1.5 was released on Wed Oct 03 2018
 - TEXT-1.6 was released on Mon Oct 15 2018

## JIRA activity:

Gary Gregory
Apache Commons PMC Chair.

Re: [DRAFT] Apache Commons Board Report for December 2018

Posted by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Dec 12, 2018 at 1:57 PM sebb <se...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, 12 Dec 2018 at 19:49, Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > I will send this soon, feedback welcome.
> > -
> >  - Apache Commons is an Apache project focused on all aspects of reusable
> > Java
> >    components.
> >
> > ## Issues:
> >  - There are no issues requiring board attention at this time.
> >
> > ## Activity:
> >  - Activity is good with the release of 6 components.
> >
> > ## Health report:
> >  - The project is healthy but suffers from a lack of committer and PMC
> >    growth, we have one new committer this period.
> >  - Releases for existing components are in the planning stage for Pool,
> >    DBCP, IO, and Numbers.
> >
> > ## PMC changes:
> >
> >  - Currently 38 PMC members.
> >  - No new PMC members added in the last 3 months
> >  - Last PMC addition was Rob Tompkins on Fri Jun 30 2017
> >
> > ## Committer base changes:
>
> Not sure this section makes sense, given that we have agreed on
> universal commit.

I will note instead of that "Apache Commons is open to all Apache
Committers."

Gary

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.