Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Paolo Cavicchini <p....@ifinet.it> on 2002/03/05 19:14:47 UTC

An Apache/Linux newbee's question

Hello,
I've just installed my Apache on my Linux RH.
When I try to run a CGI script (e.g. the printenv script in the cgi-bin
directory), Apache say me "Forbidden".
I checked ScriptAlias (it's OK), I checked file permissions (they're OK), I
checked the shebang in the script (it's OK).
If I run the script manually (./printenv) it runs properly (but it doesn't
run if I write only "printenv" without "./" before).

Please, could you give me any help?
Thank you.
Paolo

RE: An Apache/Linux newbee's question

Posted by Mike Arrison <ar...@gnostech.com>.
By default, the file aren't set to have executable permissions.  You'll have
to issue "chmod o+rx printenv" to make it so.

     -Mike Arrison