Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Bret Miller <br...@wcg.org> on 2007/10/12 20:45:11 UTC

Timeout issues with recent updates

Yesterday (at least that's when it was noticed), we started having timeout
issues with SpamAssassin again. My average scan time went from 8.5 seconds
last week and the week before to 20.5 seconds yesterday with many messages
(primarily ham) running near the 120 second range. What happened in
updates.spamassassin.org to cause this??

I'll see if I can run some tests to track down more specifically where
things get stuck for so long, but at I thought the issue should at least be
raised. (Maybe someone else has already seen and tracked it down?)

Bret

Re: Timeout issues with recent updates

Posted by "Daryl C. W. O'Shea" <sp...@dostech.ca>.
Bret Miller wrote:
> Yesterday (at least that's when it was noticed), we started having timeout
> issues with SpamAssassin again. My average scan time went from 8.5 seconds
> last week and the week before to 20.5 seconds yesterday with many messages
> (primarily ham) running near the 120 second range. What happened in
> updates.spamassassin.org to cause this??

Yesterday before or after 22:15 UTC?

The only difference I'm aware of in the update is this:

http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/spamassassin/rules/branches/3.2/20_vbounce.cf?r1=542882&r2=583976&sortby=date

Daryl