Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by "Immanuel, Gidado-Yisa" <av...@cdc.gov> on 2000/11/24 19:13:55 UTC

questions on struts-*.xml

Some quick questions concerning struts TLDs...

The struts-*.xml files are the source for the struts-*.html
and struts-*.tld files (as of v1.0), right?  If so, then any
changes to the tlds must be done in struts-*.xml, located at:

      jakarta-struts/src/doc

Then the tld for version 0.5 is at?:

      jakarta-sturts/src/conf/struts.tld

We're in the process of creating a gui authoring tool
to read in struts-*.xml files.  These files are nice
because they have extra elements that are not part of
the TLD DTD, e.g. 'attribute' contains 'info' elements.
Has anyone (Craig?) tried to get these incoporated into
the Servlet2.3+ Spec/DTDs?

Thanks,
Gidado

Re: questions on struts-*.xml

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <Cr...@eng.sun.com>.
"Immanuel, Gidado-Yisa" wrote:

> Some quick questions concerning struts TLDs...
>
> The struts-*.xml files are the source for the struts-*.html
> and struts-*.tld files (as of v1.0), right?  If so, then any
> changes to the tlds must be done in struts-*.xml, located at:
>
>       jakarta-struts/src/doc

That is correct.

> Then the tld for version 0.5 is at?:
>
>       jakarta-sturts/src/conf/struts.tld

That is also correct.  For 1.0 this file will still exist, but the tags in it
will be deprecated (since all of the relevant ones exist in one of the new
libraries).

> We're in the process of creating a gui authoring tool
> to read in struts-*.xml files.  These files are nice
> because they have extra elements that are not part of
> the TLD DTD, e.g. 'attribute' contains 'info' elements.
> Has anyone (Craig?) tried to get these incoporated into
> the Servlet2.3+ Spec/DTDs?

I did make a pitch for some of these kinds of elements in the JSP 1.2 spec (in
particular I wanted <info> at the tag and attribute levels), but the expert
group didn't really buy in to it.  Oh well, now I can create my TLDs and docs
from the same original files, so I don't care quite so much :-).

I would be interested in hearing about authoring tools or reporting tools that
you guys develop around Struts.

> Thanks,
> Gidado

Craig