Posted to dev@airavata.apache.org by Shahbaz Memon <m....@fz-juelich.de> on 2015/03/12 17:52:16 UTC

User-dn for non-community/group access

Hi Devs,

I would like to introduce an additional attribute in the experimentModel.UserConfigurationData thrift structure, that will capture user information - more specifically a user distinguished name. The inclusion of this additional information will help users belonging to one gateway instance use their individual, non-shared identity (I.e not community account) for running compute jobs.

The use of this attribute will be supported by the gfac-bes provider. The dn will be dynamic for each user, so I think the UserConfigurationData structure will be the most desired location as mentioned in the beginning. If there should be other location in the data model which is more appropriate then feel free to reply.

Note:
This attribute will be not required if Airavata implementation does support a model in which individual users can access resources with their own "separate" identity rather than community or group accounts. I would be glad to know if there is any such feature aiming at the provisioning of non-community accounts based access.

Best Regards,

Shahbaz

Forschungszentrum Juelich GmbH
52425 Juelich