Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by Brandon Pedersen <bp...@gmail.com> on 2011/09/15 09:33:31 UTC

failed to start windows qpid with durable messages in mssql store

Hi,

I just built qpid 0.12 for windows (x64 using cmake VS 9 2008 Win64
target). I setup a topic exchange, queue, and binding:
qpid-config add exchange news-service topic --durable
qpid-config add queue mytopicq
qpid-config bind news-service mytopicq *.news

I then modified the spout script to mark the messages as durable and
ran it a couple times. Then I shut down the broker and tried to start
it again which fails with this error:
2011-09-15 01:10:42 notice MSSQL: Database located: QpidStore
2011-09-15 01:10:42 critical Unexpected error: Error recovering
messages: Unknown error 0x800A0BB9: Arguments are of the wrong type,
are out of acceptable range, or are in conflict with one another.

Any ideas on what's wrong?

Thanks,

-Brandon

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org

Re: failed to start windows qpid with durable messages in mssql store

Posted by Brandon Pedersen <bp...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Sep 16, 2011 at 1:24 PM, Steve Huston <sh...@riverace.com> wrote:
> Hi Brandon,
>
>> OK, created as https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/QPID-3491
>
> Ok, thanks.
>
>> Will fixes like this have to wait for the next version or is there a
> process for
>> patching/service packs (0.12.1)?
>
> There's no Apache project process for service packs. Packaging a fix prior
> to the next release would be a separate effort. You can contact me about
> such an effort. Alternately, you can monitor progress via your jira,
> extract a patch from the svn repository and apply that to your local 0.12
> sources.

OK, sounds good, applying the diff won't be hard...was just kind of
curious about the process

Thanks,

-Brandon

Posted by Steve Huston <sh...@riverace.com>.